Moroni 9

Moroni 9

The graphic description of the brutality of the people on Mormon's day made me ill.  I know that have been individuals throughout time that have reached that level of wickedness, but to have an entire people- an entire nation- be that hard and violent.

And yet- Mormon tells his son not to be weighed down by the grief of it all.  He tells him to be lifted up in Christ.

I love that, because it reminds me that nowadays, when I see the world and the direction it is headed, I get sad, even frightened.  But, I cannot grieve too much about it.  The best thing I can do it focus on my choices, my decisions and my actions- that I may be the kind of person that can be recommended to God (vv 21-22) in the end.

What part of today's chapter got into you?


TOMORROW: Rather than Suit Yourself Saturday- It suits me to finish the Book of Mormon, so we will read Moroni 10!

Comments

  1. For me, following the counsel of not getting caught up in the sadness of what the people are doing is something I try to do right now. In our world, it is the TV, news, internet, and other means how we learn the nastiness of the people. Unfortunately that is not the only way I "get" to see it. It is so important to make our homes a sanctuary against the world. I love being at home with good music playing where it is peaceful. It really helps me overcome the swirling cloud of negativity which I try to keep out of my environment whenever I can.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments appropriate and in the spirit of education and upliftment.

Popular Posts