Moroni 2 and 3

Moroni 2 and 3

I put these two chapters together because they were both very short, but because they also talked of the Priesthood.  I have a deep love and gratitude for the Priesthood.  It is the vehicle through which all ordinances and gift are given.  It's comforting to me to read that it is not just something in the latter-day church, but that the Lord has given worthy men throughout time His Priesthood to administer to His affairs on earth.  That, to me, shows His great love for us.


I loved chapter 3 verse 3:  "...to preach repentance and the remission of sins through Jesus Christ, by endurance of faith in His name to the end"   I LOVE the phrase endurance of faith.  It is only used twice in the BoM, both here then again by Moroni in Moroni 8:3.  It is a shame it isn't throughout our scriptures.

I love the picture these words paint: It's not just me that is enduring to the end, it's my faith.  It makes me think of faith in terms of quantity and quality.  It is not just me that has to endure.  Unless someone commits suicide, we are all enduring- we are all living through life, come better than others, each and every day.

It's not me so much as my faith that must endure to the end. It is my faith that keeps me coming back to church, praying to God, following the commandments, keeping our covenants and so on.  The endurance of my faith keeps me on the path to eternal life, not just eternity.

To me, this verse makes me look at my faith like a tangible commodity, something to be grown, nurtured and strengthened. I want to to be big enough and strong enough to last me until the end.

The endurance of faith: to me it's one of the treasures I've found in the Book of Mormon.

What part of these chapters got into you today?




TOMORROW: Suit Yourself Saturday

Comments

  1. I am grateful for the Priesthood power and for the men in my life that honor it. It is my responsibility and desire to do all I can to help them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments appropriate and in the spirit of education and upliftment.

Popular Posts