Ether 9

I just realized that yesterday was my 100th post!  I can't tell you how much reading a chapter a day has strengthened my testimony of the Book of Mormon.  And I so appreciate all off your comments and insights as well!

We are only three short weeks away from finishing the Book of Mormon.  I plan on starting again on October 24th.  I hope you join me again from the beginning, and also invite others to participate as well.

Some chapters (especially in 2 Nephi) might be split into two days because there is so much to take in, and other chapters (like the first 5 in Moroni) will be done in the same day because they are so short.

We should be finished reading the entire Book of Mormon in less than a year (should be done next September).  Exciting, isn't it?! OK- on to today's chapter.


Ether 9

This chapter covers such a wide expanse of years, but the general message I took from it was that one man can make an enormous impact, for righteousness' sake or for evil's sake.  It took one man to kill the king, his sons and engage in a war that nearly wiped out an entire people.  It took one man in faith to follow the direction of God and eventually build up the people again.  Then, it took on man to lead the people into wickedness again.

I am no king or queen, but I am a mother and my little home is my kingdom. I cannot control what my family does, but I can lead in righteousness and invited the blessings of the Lord into our home. I cannot force them to worship, but I can teach, testify and live my example.  I am just one person, but I am responsible for a family, not just me.

That understanding prompts me to watch my actions more closely and keep my priorities in line. 


What part of today's chapter got into you?

WEDNESDAY: Ether 10

Comments

  1. I'd really like to know what those animals actually were. Elephant? Doubtful it was the kind we see in the zoo.

    But more than that.... how many times do we actually pay attention to our dreams? I know I get plenty of answers in dreams. It would be hard to up and leave everything based on a dream because I would wonder if it was just my crazy brain or divine inspiration!

    I have realized that I have to pay closer attention to the many ways the Lord tries to commmunicate with me. It's easy to get going 90 miles an hour and forget to pay close attention.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments appropriate and in the spirit of education and upliftment.

Popular Posts