SYS - Moses 1

Moses 1

I love how Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ work.  They have a purpose and a pattern.  They want us to know how they are, who we are, and what we need to do.

We learn this in in church: Heavenly Father is our Father, Jesus is our brother and Savior.  We are children of God and redeemed by Jesus Christ.  That knowledge is not enough, for after we have that understanding, we are put to work serving in callings.

I love it when I find that pattern in the old days.  In Moses 1:3 the Lord establishes that he is the Lord Almighty.  Verse 6 He establishes Moses relationship to Him (my son) and calls him to a great work.

I wonder how much more willing Moses was because of his new understanding (or old) of who he was and how he fit in?

I know for me it makes the world of difference.  Knowing that I am a daughter of God helps me serve my brothers and sisters here more.

I am sure the same pattern was followed throughout time: Adam, Abraham, even the apostles of old, and Joseph Smith today.  I love it when I can see the consistency of God from the beginning.  It brings me great peace.

TOMORROW: Sabbath Day Rest
MONDAY: Moroni 3 &4

Comments

  1. As quoted from a talk that was quoting Camelot.... King Arthur said..... "Violence is not strength and compassion is not weakness."

    There is something about being wedged in the back seat of a decimated vehicle holding a hand and talking a person through one of the worst moments in their life that really makes you think about life. Even as my arm was going numb and I could no longer feel my foot.... I kept thinking how much worse off she was and how my problems are so insignificant in comparison.

    I am so grateful for the gospel in my life. Knowing that there is more to this life than this life. Knowing that God is in control and has a bigger plan for me. Understanding that even through the worst times, He is right there- sometimes I think if I just turned my head quick enough I would see Him standing there with that same look of worry and love that her husband had on his face.

    I am grateful for the blessing of service this morning. I can say that I truly feel my Savior's love. I don't often feel it so strongly, so I will treasure the moment.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments appropriate and in the spirit of education and upliftment.

Popular Posts