Ether 13

Ether 13

Ether was a great prophet, privy to all manner of visions and prophesying.  I often wonder how awesome that must be, to see a vision of the future, to have that kind of relationship with the Lord.

Ether taught amazing things, had prophetic insights and miraculous spiritual experiences, and he lived alone in a cave with people trying to kill him.

Is it a fair trade off?  Would I take it?

What I do know is that I love the testimony I do have, and would not trade it for a life of riches, ease and fame.  My testimony gives me perspective and purpose. If that is just a sliver of what the prophets of old must have felt I can understand why they never compromised; why they risked pain and death to testify.

I am so grateful for the prophets of old; for their willingness to endure suffering and pain to prophesy for us.  My testimony and gratitude for all of God's prophets has definitely been strengthened  by my daily reading of the Book of Mormon.  What a blessing it has been to me!

What part of today's chapter got into you?

TUESDAY: Ether 14

Comments

  1. The thing that caught my eye this morning was that our land is blessed above all others. Sometimes it seems as though the country is falling apart before my very eyes. But then I read this and it reminds me that even though things are and will continue to be hard here, we are still blessed to live in this country. In the end, it will all be ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way. I asked my husband just the other day if it was just me or are things seemingly unraveling the past two years? It is scary. We do live in uncertain times. But, like you, I know that things will be OK, and that brings me peace.........it's just getting there, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Along the same line, v 25 talks about "every man fighting for that which he desired"

    We are very blessed now to be able to live in abundance and relative peace. I am not sure how long the peace will last.

    I share with both of you, the comforting scriptures that all will be well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always enjoy reading your thoughts on the Book of Mormon Chapters. We are so blessed to have this wonderful Book. I love Ether for writing his testimony that we may have it today to help us through the tough moments.
    Blessing to you and keep on enjoying your moments with the Book of Mormon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks LeAnn. I like your thoughts, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. "We" do not understand the battles that are writtten about in the BoM. The hand to hand combat is not part of our current culture. Humanity has developed many ways to kill from long distances, just think about it.

    The blood and carnage is usually not seen.

    Contrast that with what Ether and Mormon and Moroni witnessed. Our spirits are offended by the ugliness that is available on all the media. I don't know what would be worse. I have not witnessed killing and bloodhed, but I know that I can do more to avoid the "gore" that offends my spirit maybe, just as much.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments appropriate and in the spirit of education and upliftment.

Popular Posts