Moroni 7

Moroni 7

What a great man Mormon was, and neat it must have been for Moroni to have the words of his father to read and record for us. It also must have been comforting to Moroni to have the testimony of his father in writing, especially given the fact that he was probably alone for quite a while when he added his father's words to the gold plates.

I've kept a journal since I was 12.  Granted, I have revisited my early entries with a black marker now that my children can read- but for the most part, it's been nice to have and look back on.  The older I get, though, the more cognizant I am of what I write.  When I was young it was for me, but now I feel like I am writing for my children and their children.  Who knows, maybe someday little Timmy will get to read how great-grandma Michelle had to use a bulky lap top to blog about the scriptures, when all he has to do is push a button and a hologram screen shows up, instantly recording his thoughts into a web-based application.

I don't know what things will be like for them, but what I do know is that I try to, everyday, write how I feel, share my testimony and record the things that matter.

I also had a thought about faith and hope.  It is probably clear to you all, but for me the distinction became very clear to me today about the difference between faith and hope, and they are integral to one another.  I've posted that here on my other blog (it was too long to put here.)

What part of today's chapter got into you?


TOMORROW: Moroni 8

Comments

  1. If testimony is the car, faith the engine and hope the steering wheel.... the I would add in that charity is the gasoline that gets the whole thing going. =)

    And.... to take that analogy further in relation to Moroni's words.... there are certainly different grades of gas that we use. If you put water in the gas tank, you are not going to get anywhere (vs 6-9).

    This is another favorite chapter in the BOM. It clearly lines out who we should BE. Not only what we should be doing. "Being" is something that I have been pondering for a while. I used to think that charity was just an act of service. Then one day, I realized it is it's so much more- being kind, humble, generous, even tempered, having self control, believing , hoping, enduring, loving.....

    And in the words of Mormon- charity never fails because it is the greatest of all. I guess this is why charity has never failed me. On my darkest days, if I find some way to serve others, even in the smallest way... my faith and hope are renewed and my day goes better.

    So... for me... faith, hope, testimony, etc. They all follow when I strive to BE "charity."

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments appropriate and in the spirit of education and upliftment.

Popular Posts