Suit Yourself Saturday- Howard W. Hunter Quote

"To those who may not be familiar with the Book of Mormon, but are sincerely seeking truth, reading it will have a profound effect on your life.  It will expand your knowledge of the way God deals with man and will give you a greater desire to live in harmony with his gospel teaching.  It will also provide for you a powerful testimony of Jesus Christ."


I have this one glued into my Book of Mormon.  My testimony and understanding has grown as I've read it daily.  I hope yours has too.

What do you have to share today?

SUNDAY: Sabbath Day Rest
MONDAY: Ether 13

Comments

  1. I needed some kind of reassurance this morning so I looked up some Gen Conf talks on Mothers. Brother Foster gave a talk in April 2010 called 'Mother Told Me."

    The main thought was from Pres Joseph F Smith - "The love of a true mother comes neaer (to) being like the love of God than any other kind of love."

    He told a story about herding cattle when it was really hot and how some of the babies took a side trip to sleep in the shade. The cowboys couldn't get them to cooperate so they went back to the corral and got the momma cows. The momma cows went up and the babies followed them back easily.

    I really like this whole talk. It's full of hope that even if our children are distracted by shade, at some point, our love as a mother can bring them safely back. At least, this is my hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I needed to hear that this morning, too. Thanks for sharing, Ang.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments appropriate and in the spirit of education and upliftment.

Popular Posts