Moroni 8

Moroni 8

I love the boldness of Mormon!

I love that he said- I fear not what man can do; for perfect love casteth out all fear. And I am filled with charity, which is everlasting love.

I think sometimes when we talk about charity we focus on loving each other perfectly.  Here Mormon doesn't talk about loving everyone- he is talking about not fearing them BECAUSE he has perfect love, and that casteth out all fear.

I interpret that as Mormon having perfect love for the Savior and His teachings, and himself.  That perfect love gives him the confidence and perspective that sustained him while his people were destroyed.

When I hear the commandment to have charity, I will look at it in a different light now- in the light of loving my Savior perfectly, I will look at it in a different light now- in the light of loving my Savior perfectly and eternally.

What part of today's chapter got into you?

TOMORROW: Moroni 9

Comments

  1. We were doing training on pediatric medical emergencies last night so all the references to children really stuck out to me. It's always cool when secular knowledge upholds eternal principles, and they don't even know it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments appropriate and in the spirit of education and upliftment.

Popular Posts