Ether 10

Ether 10

What a roller coaster. It's interesting when you cover so many years in just one chapter how much more clearly you can see the ups and downs of righteousness and wickedness.  It becomes very clear that righteousness brings joy and prosperity, and wickedness feeds greed and murder. But, I guess it is much more difficult to see when you are in the middle of it.

My favorite verse today was verse 24 about how the righteous did "clothe themselves from their nakedness."  There seems to be a direct correlation between the level of righteousness to the level of clothing.  That is wonderful for me because I have gained 15 pounds in the past 4 years and I LOVE to layer!  I used to think it was because I was hiding my muffin top, but according to this, I must just be really righteous :)


What part of today's chapter got into you?

WEDNESDAY: Ether 11

Comments

  1. The one verse caught my eye where Morianton "did justice" unto the people, meaning he was basically a good ruler, but did not do "justice" unto himself because he wasn't following the Lord.

    How many "good" people are like Morianton... doing "good" in the world, but forgetting their own salvation? Sometimes doing good is not enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In v 1 "Shez begin to buid up a broken people". It did not happen all at once.

    I wonder how many times (in the BoM) did the Lord build up a broken people?

    How many times in the early history of the church, did the Lord build up the young church?

    How many times in my life when I felt broken, has the Lord with Love and Patience built me up?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments appropriate and in the spirit of education and upliftment.

Popular Posts