Ether 12

Ether 12

Moroni is awesome, isn't he?  I love how he writes the history, but can't help but added color commentary :)
This chapter is one of my favorites- It's all about Hope, Faith and Charity.

I think the power of faith far greater than we have an understanding of at this time in our lives.  It seems to be more than a hope or belief.  It seems to be the key that unlocks the windows of miracles, intelligence, growth, the veil.  I know I have a strong testimony, but I wonder how different my life would be if my faith was stronger, and if I understood how to truly unlock the powers of heaven.

I love the idea that as we show our weaknesses to the Lord He will make them our strengths. I have many weaknesses, so I have a lot of strengths to look forward too!

And the, of course, there is charity.  I found it interesting in verse 36 that Moroni prayed the Lord would give the Gentiles grace, that they might have charity.  I think we can love someone, but it seems as though we cannot have charity, the pure of love Christ, unless part of it, at least, is given to us through His grace.  A very interesting concept indeed.





What part to today's chapter got into you?

SATURDAY: Suit yourself Saturday
SUNDAY: Sabbath Day Rest
MONDAY: Ether 13

Comments

  1. I love this chapter. It's one I could read every day just for the encouragement. I love how the miracles of faith are just listed out one right after the other.

    I would love to have the strength of faith to move mountains like the BOJ. Not that I would go around moving mountains. Having that type of faith would take away so much fear and negativity within myself.

    This is certainly a chapter of hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. V 3 states that "by faith all things are fullfiled". There are a couple tof blessings that I have prayed for, for many years. I feel that I need to increase my faith. Then perhaps these righterous desires, might be granted.

    Perhaps, faith, would take care of many problems in our lives

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful idea you have on this blog site. I would like to join you as you start from the beginning again. shall sign up. The special issue of the Ensign on the Book of Mormon this month has motivated me to read it again. It is such a wonderful book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Jo! I am so glad you'll be reading this with me! It's been such a great experience to read it every day and I look forward to doing it again. I am also excited that more people will be joining us! I love to hear other people's insights and thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments appropriate and in the spirit of education and upliftment.

Popular Posts