3 Nephi 30

3 Nephi 30

Short but sweet.

This is an ancient text message or Tweet. In verse 1, Mormon is talking to us- the people of the latter days. He basically says: Hey, I've got a message from you from Jesus. He told me to tell you this.

Verse 2 is the message directly to us from the Savior: Stop doing bad stuff. Repent and come to Me. Get baptized. Then I'll give you the gift of the Holy Ghost and welcome you into the house of Israel.

That pretty much sums up the main message of the scriptures. He wants us to make the good and righteous choices that would qualify us to receive the greatest of blessings: Eternal life.

What did you think about this short chapter?



Comments

  1. We hear the word strife in the scriptures all the time... So I looked it up

    strife (strf)n.
    1. Heated, often violent dissension; bitter conflict. See Synonyms at discord.
    2. A struggle, fight, or quarrel.
    3. Contention or competition between rivals.
    4. Archaic: Earnest endeavor or striving.

    It probably meant one of the first three in this chapter. But I took a moment to think about the last definition and how it applies to my world.

    Sometimes we (I) can be working so hard on something, even something good, that my priorities get shifted in the wrong direction.

    And then, when my strife (think earnest endeavors) take over, there creates the other kind of strife (struggles and contention). But sometimes the bitterest strife (bitter conflict) is inside my own head.

    The key to overcoming- repent and come back to Christ. Shut up the voices in my head and listen to the spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your comments this morning! I mean, I always love them, but I LOVED this one! Thanks for always reading with me and sharing your insights. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments appropriate and in the spirit of education and upliftment.

Popular Posts