Free For All Friday D&C 25:10

It's Free For All Friday again!  My scripture of the day is D&C 25:10.  It is a revelation from the Lord to Emma Smith during a difficult time in her life.  It reads: And verily I say unto thee that thou shalt lay aside the things of this world, and seek for the things of a better.

In my scriptures I have a quote by President Hinckley about this verse: "I feel that he was not telling Emma that she should not feel concerned about a place to live, food on her table and clothing.  He was saying to her that she should not be obsessed with these things as many of us are wont to be.  He ws telling her to get her thoughts on the higher things in life- the things of righteousness and goodness, matters of charity and love for others.  And the things of eternity."

I tend to be a project-oriented person, and this verse and quote are wonderful reminders to me that, although there are good things I can spend my time on, I should not spend too much time  on them and ignore the things of a better- the things of eternity.

What is one of your favorite scriptures?

TOMORROW: Alma 50

Comments

  1. Love fulfills the law. The ten commandments are basically split into two, if you think about it. The first 4 are about loving God. The last 6 about loving others. The whole gospel comes down to those two things... Love God. Love Others. The rest will fall into place.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments appropriate and in the spirit of education and upliftment.

Popular Posts