Alma 61

Alma 61

I love Pahoran.  He gets reamed by Moroni, and yet in verse 9 he explains that he wasn't angry with him, but rejoiced in the greatness of his heart.  People can be so quickly to be offended and hurt, not giving others the benefit of the doubt. I thought it was interesting how Pahoran said that the reason he wasn't angry was that he wasn't seeking for power.  I know many times when we hold grudge, it gives us a sense of power, like we think "they had no right to talk to me that way.  I'll show them..." type of thing.  It took great perspective, love and humility for Pahoran to not be upset.

I also love in verse 12 when he says that he would subject himself to bondage, if that was requisite with the justice of God. It makes me rethink the trials that I have. How much more willing would I be if I knew that it was the justice of God?

What did you think?

TOMORROW: Alma 62

Comments

  1. 13 But behold he doth not command us that we shall subject ourselves to our enemies, but that we should put our trust in him, and he will deliver us.

    It seems that there is always someone in my life who has to make that choice between self preservation and staying away from destructive family members. It's so hard to come to the place where we can no longer have a person in our circle because of their behavior.

    We have to forgive and move on. But we are not required to continually put ourself in the position to be stepped on.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments appropriate and in the spirit of education and upliftment.

Popular Posts