Alma 58

Alma 58

In verse 40 I have gleaned the 4 keys to the Stripling Warriors' Success:

1. Stand fast in liberty
2. Remember the Lord each day
3. Keep the commandments continually
4. Have faith in the words of the prophets

Also in verse 37: Trust God no matter how grim the circumstances may seem to appear.  He knows best.


I take heart in that. Most times I am an optimist- but sometimes things just don't seem too hopeful.  If I make sure that I am living a worthy life, trying to live His will in faith, I must believe that He knows best, and it will be for my good.

What did you get out of it today?

TOMORROW: Alma 59

Comments

  1. I think I must politics and preparedness on the brain lately. Maybe because I am teaching another preparedness class to night at the fire station.... Anyway.

    The thing that struck me was how Helaman kept expecting help from the government, but it didn't come through. More support. More food. More army. He was frustrated and embarrassed at the lack of help and on the edge of starving.

    Then he said "it mattereth not" - I love that- "it mattereth not". It doesn't matter what's going on elsewhere in the country. It doesn't matter why they aren't doing their job. It doesn't matter that we don't have reinforcements.

    What matters is that they (we) turn to the Lord for support.

    He will be there to bless us, to lift us up, to provide for our needs. If we quit worrying about the things that don't really matter, the things we cannot do anything about and focus on the things we CAN do - then those things that "mattereth not" will not take up space in our hearts and we can focus on the simple and important things.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments appropriate and in the spirit of education and upliftment.

Popular Posts