Alma 46

I trust you all had a nice Sabbath day :)

Alma 46

Captain Moroni squelched the threat of an overthrow and potential bloodshed by reminding the Nephites of their covenants, what they believed, and what they fought for.  He empowered them with the title of liberty.  He lead them by walking with them, always saying we (vs 18) rather than you. He truly was a great leader who loved God and his people.

In vs 9 it states that "we also see the great wickedness on very wicked man can cause to take place among the children of men." I hear the term "the ripple effect" referring to the influence one person can have on many.  I it is true for the good and the bad.  I hope I am on the side of good.  Sometimes I feel like a very small person.  I wonder how much good I can do. Although this verse is speaking of the damage one wicked man can do, when I read it it reminded me that one righteous person can bring great righteousness and good among the children of men, as well.  That brings me hope and assurance that even though my world is small, I sure hope my impact is great.

What did you find in chapter 46?

TOMORROW: Alma 47

Comments

  1. I also took special notice of verse 9, and also the statement that many of the high priests were under Amalickiah's spell as well. It reminded me how quickly even faithful saints can be deceived and led astray. Also, the idea that Satan leads you astray and then leaves you to suffer the consequences of your actions. This is exactly what Amalickiah did. When his victory was no longer sure, he deserted most of his followers and ran away. Wonderful reminders to stay close the The Spirit so that we can do our best to discern between good and evil! And thanks to you for the comment that good thoughts and examples influence just as well as bad ones! I need that reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The title of Liberty outlines what our top priorities should be.... God, Faith, Country (peace and freedom), Family. I love that Country is right up there, because we still live in this world and praying for our country is SO important, especially right now.

    The people COVENANTED to be destroyed if they transgressed. Talk about picking your poison. That is a huge "if - then" statement for me. If they weren't righteous, then bye-bye. It makes me think of the covenants I've made and am I living up to them.

    Lastly, just confirmation of a huge blessing in our family's life. God provided the roots and plants to help the people combat the common spring fevers. This really encourages me to keep studying and learning about natural healing alternatives.

    In another part of the chapter it says not to be lead away by the flattery and promises of men. In short, I often see that people are lead away from what is really good for them by the promises of a miracle pill.

    We should confirm with the Lord that what we take is really what is best for us. Just because someone says it is, doesn't mean it is. To me, that's part of flattery and promises. But that is a blog in and of itself.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments appropriate and in the spirit of education and upliftment.

Popular Posts