Alma 62

Alma 62

What an amazing chapter.  I will admit that sometimes the battles start to blend into one another, and I struggle to keep up.  But, reading daily has helped bring continuity to the wars they experienced.

There were a few things in this chapter that jumped out at me.

1. Verse 4- Moroni raised the standard of liberty in whatesoever place he did enter.  I apply that to my personal standards.  Sometimes people can be tempted to modify their standards and justify choices bases on the change of scenery, whether it be friends or activities.  This adds to my resolve to always keep my standards raised where ever I go.  Then in verse 5 we see the result of Moroni's actions: Thousands did flock unto his standard.  Now, I don't think that thousands will flock to mine, but I do hope that as I live what I believe, others will feel something special and want to be with me and maybe even have what I have.

2. Verse 19- the Lamanites were so afraid of Moroni and the strength of his army that they hid, and wouldn't even come out to fight.  In the side note I wrote that I wanted the adversary to be that afraid of me.

3. Verses 27-29: Many of the Lamanite prisoners desired to join the people of Ammon- and they let them!  How forgiving, how Christlike!  People can change, and we shouldn't hold them back because of past mistakes.  It is difficult to repent, but it's also difficult to forgive someone who has hurt you and let them back in.

There are a few more, but I really need to stop here for the day.  What did you get out of this chapter?

TOMORROW: Alma 63

Comments

  1. Not a long thought process for today..... Just wondering, how humble does one need to get to be rich? LOL

    This chapter really is about the basics. Keeping the faith. Standing for what is right. Being willing to fight and protect our families. Being prepared for what is to come. Putting God, Country, and Family at the top of our priority lists.

    ReplyDelete
  2. V 40 jumped leaped off the page for me
    I learned that the "Nephites had contentions and dessensions and all manner of inquity", yet it was 'the prayers of the righteous and for the righteous sake they were spared."

    I wonder who were the righteous? What did they pray for?
    Have the prayers of more righteous "saints" saved me and mine?
    What do I need to pray for to preserve my loved ones?
    How/what do I need to improve on so that I can be "righteous" to save?

    I think there is resonsibility there.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments appropriate and in the spirit of education and upliftment.

Popular Posts