Alma 48

Alma 48

There is so much in this chapter that was great- so I am only going to pick a thing or two to write down.  I'm sure you'll comment on the rest!

Of course, I loved the description of Moroni: a man of perfect understanding, who soul joyed in liberty and freedom of his county and being free, he was thankful to God, he recognized his blessings. he worked hard, he served others, he was selfless, a man firm in the faith of Christ, a defender of righteousness, he gloried in his faith, resisting iniquity and keeping the commandments.  In vs 17 it says, "if all men had been, and were, and ever would be, like unto Moroni, behold the very powers of hell would have been shaken forever."

I've heard people talk about how that is quite a tall order to live up to.  But it goes on to say that Moroni was in the same class as Ammon and the other sons of  Mosiah, Alma and his sons.  And why? vs. 18- because there were all men of God.  I, too,  have faith, and I do consider myself a woman of God.  Now, I may not be as valiant and courageous as Captain Moroni, but it makes me feel good that I am on the right path, and that little old me can make the adversary shake in his bodiless boots, too.

I also love the fact that Captain Moroni spent his time fortifying the Nephites and their strongholds.  HE especially paid close attention to their weak points. In a spiritual sense, it is important for me to not just focus on the things I am good at and my strengths.  Satan will not try to attack me there.  He will go for my weaknesses.  It is a good reminder to take an honest look at myself and my weakness with the eyes of Moroni, in order to strengthen and protect myself from the enemy, which in my case isn't Lamanites, but the adversary.

What did you think of Alma 48?

TOMORROW: Alma 49

Comments

  1. I can't help but think of my home in comparison to this chapter. Who is really my Lamanite enemy? Where are the fortifications weak? Do I remember to lock the doors? How much is invited in through the tv? What kind of books and music? Am I prepared to face the trials of today, this week, the month?

    It took them time to build the walls, dig the pits, put up the barracades. But if not strong, they could be destroyed in seconds.

    Wouldn't it be great to be counted in the company of the faithful men of this chapter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find it interesting that the weak points were built up. I know what my weak points are. I think each of us know our individual weak points. I would do well to follow Moroni's example and build up my weak points.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments appropriate and in the spirit of education and upliftment.

Popular Posts