Alma 44

Alma 44

Can I just say that Captain Moroni is awesome! He keeps an eternal perspective during battle.  Even after he captures the Lamanites, he uses it as an opportunity to testify (vv 3,4.) He could have been vindictive or acted out of anger, but Captain Moroni offered them freedom in return for an oath.

Zerahemnah would not take the oath.  Moroni returned his weapons and said, "Behold, we will end the conflict."  He knew there was no more room for talk.  Captain Moroni was a man of his word and his faith.

It is a very sad chapter.  The Lamanites were given the chance to live, but they let pride, anger and hatred lead them to a painful grave.  It makes me look at my life. Have I let opportunities go by because of my pride or anger? Have I caused myself undo grief and pain? I'm sure I have.  Going forward, I will try my hardest not to.

What did you think?



TOMORROW: Free For All Friday!  It's an open forum day where you can share something you've read recently, or just a favorite scripture.  See you then!

Comments

Popular Posts