Alma 52

Alma 52

You've heard the term, "It takes a village."  It took a lot of planning and "strategery" by the Nephites to defeat the Lamanites. They fought with fury, and many were slain, but they fought together, never losing sight of what they were fighting for.  And in the end, the righteous prevailed.

In life when I struggle, sometimes I lay down and whine, without putting up much of a fight. But, when I really think about what is at stake, I am reminded that I need to fortify and fight with fury for my salvation.  This chapter was a great reminder for me.

What did get out of it today?

TOMORROW: Alma 53

Comments

  1. Reading this chapter reminds me to do ALL I can to prepare and fortify. The war angainst evil is ongoing. I do know that I will be stengthened AFTER all I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of the war chapters are hard to glean a fluffy spiritual message out of. For me, it was the- have a plan - have a backup plan- and work the plan. Even if those little life surprises arise and we need to take a momentary detour, get back to the plan.

    The other thing I thought of was that we often speak of the devil as the "cunning" one. Reality is, Moroni was pretty cunning too! It really struck me at how smart and wiley one must be to overcome those who are also plotters and manipulators.

    You can't sit idly by. You have to be on your toes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree- we must be ever-watchful and even calculating in our offense and defense. We are up against a mighty cunning opponent who had been at this a looooong time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we sometimes forget that, and at the first sign of trouble we fall to our knees and ask for help when we really should be thanking God for the capacity he has given us to deal with the problem ourselves. He is there to do what we cannot do for ourselves- not do it for us.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments appropriate and in the spirit of education and upliftment.

Popular Posts