Suit Yourself Saturday- John 5:17

When the Jews sought to slay Jesus for healing on the Sabbath he responds in verse 17: "My Father worketh hitherto, and I work."

Sometimes I get caught in myself- being obedient and doing the best I can, reaching my potential- but we are here to do a great work, too.

That work comes in many forms: as a wife, a parent, a visiting teacher, in my calling as primary teacher and in a friend.

It's so neat to know that even when I am working on myself, Heavenly Father can work through me to help others be their best.

Heavenly Father and my Savior both work hitherto, and I work.

We all work together.

I love that!

What would you like to share today?

Comments

  1. I was looking through the quotes and things I have such in my scriptures.... I like this one....

    Service is not just an opportunity given to some for a chance to shine, it's the rent we pay for the life we have.

    So.... Which kind of mansion do you want in your father's kingdom? Depends on how much rent you want to pay...... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read a scripture that scared me a little the other day. It was in one of the General Conference talks.
    D & C 19:16-18
    "For behold, I, God, have suffered these things for all, that they might not suffer if they would repent.
    But if they would not repent they must suffer even as I;
    Which suffering caused myself, even God, the greatest of all, to tremble because of pain and to bleed at every pore and to suffer both body and spirit - and would that I might not drink the bitter cup."

    I certainly do not want to be suffering like Jesus did!
    When I think of repentance I think of mostly the big sins that we need to repent from.
    But sometimes I think maybe we overlook asking for repentance for the little things we do, when we don't really consider them a "great sin." And don't forget - we are required to forgive everyone, or God will not forgive us. Think the reference for that is in D & C too. Every day we can try to do a little better. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments appropriate and in the spirit of education and upliftment.

Popular Posts