1 Nephi 13


Chapter 13

Nephi sees in vision the church of the devil set up among the Gentiles, the discovery and colonizing of America, the loss of many plain and precious parts of the Bible, the resultant state of Gentile apostasy, the restoration of the gospel, the coming forth of latter-day scripture, and the building up of Zion. About 600–592 B.C.


---------------------------------------------
This chapter was full prophecy, scriptures, apostasy, restoration and so forth.

The part that sticks out to me in this chapter is how much is dedicated to the scriptures.  That speaks to the importance of the ancient records. I love the Book of Mormon.  I love the Bible.  I love how they work together to teach truth.

I love that the Lord has planned from the beginning of time that I can hold these sacred records in my lap as I type on a laptop about them.  How blessed am I?!

What did you think/learn today?

Comments

  1. Like Michelle, I could see from this chapter that the Lord knew the end from the beginning. I then could see that the Lord knew my life the end from the beginning. The confort that gives me is difficult to articulate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that the gospel is, and is meant to be, plain and simple. Too many people try to complicate too many things.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments appropriate and in the spirit of education and upliftment.

Popular Posts