1 Nephi 15


Chapter 15

Lehi’s seed are to receive the gospel from the Gentiles in the latter days—The gathering of Israel is likened unto an olive tree whose natural branches will be grafted in again—Nephi interprets the vision of the tree of life and speaks of the justice of God in dividing the wicked from the righteous. About 600–592 B.C.

----------------------------------------------

Verse 3- Nephi inquired of the Lord and received clarification.  The reason  his brothers were disputing (which men often when they try to clarify on their own) is because their hearts were hardened and they didn't turn to the Lord for answers.

It's not that God doesn't want us to think for ourselves- but there are certain things that we don't know unless we ask. We can only learn of spiritual things through the Spirit.

In verse 8 he even asks his brothers if they inquired of the Lord.

Their response was classic: Well, He didn't tell us, so why should we ask.

Nephi reminds them: If ye have faith, and ask, you will get answers.

I think that's a great lesson for us these days.

What did think/learn today?

Comments

  1. The thing I love about this is the simplicity of it..... Well... Did you ASK?

    How many times I have struggled and struggled when all I had to do was ask! Kind of makes me feel a bit sheepish actually. Well, duh. Did you ask? Then... are you willing to obey?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love to read your thoughts on the scriptures. I also spent a few moments looking through the resources; thanks for all the links. Blessings to you for a great missionary blog. The Book of Mormon is so awesome and I am happy to be reading it again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are a few phrases in this chapter that really struck me. The first is in verse 3 - "they did not look unto the Lord as they ought." This can apply in many situations in our lives. How better things would be if we did. Another one was in verse 15 - "will they not receive the strength and nourishment from the true vine." Feels good to know we can receive strength and nourishment too. The last one is in verse 25 - "I did exhort them with all the energies of my soul and with all the faculty which I possessed that they would give heed to the word of God." Nephi was such a wonderful person. I hope to meet him one day. Great chapter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the kind words LeAnn. I'm so glad you are here :) Yes, the Book of Mormon is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments appropriate and in the spirit of education and upliftment.

Popular Posts