1 Nephi 14


Chapter 14

An angel tells Nephi of the blessings and cursings to fall upon the Gentiles—There are only two churches: the Church of the Lamb of God and the church of the devil—The Saints of God in all nations are persecuted by the great and abominable church—The Apostle John will write concerning the end of the world. About 600–592 B.C.

---------------------------------

Love, love , LOVE verse 1- if the Gentiles shall hearken unto the Lamb of God in that day he shall manifest himself unto them in word, and also in power, in very deed, unto the taking away of their stumbling blocks-

I have a lot of stumbling blocks.  This, to me, is one of the greatest miracles of the Atonement: Not only has a provided the way for me, but He has promised to clear the way, too IF I listen to and follow Him.

I also love verse 7 when it talks about a marvelous work and knowing that I am a part of that- something a angel from heaven told Nephi two thousand years ago.

Verse 14: We are few but we are armed with righteousness and with the power of God in great glory.  Yay!  That makes me feel strong :)

I love reading about prophecies of the olden days that are being fulfilled now.  It makes me feel connected. The gospel plan was established before the world and extends into the eternities.  I feel connected to Adam, Noah, Moses, Joshua, Abraham, David, Jacob, Joseph, Samuel, Jeremiah, Peter, Paul, Joseph Smith, Thomas S. Monson- and especially my Savior.  We all play a role in the building up of the Kingdom and bringing out God's plan.

What did you think/learn today?







vxcz

Comments

  1. Sorry... playing comment catch-up. =)
    It only took reading verse one for me to catch a great moment of personal inspiration. And yes, it's very much for ME. I am always SO busy that I am behind on my "chores" that are NOT my most favorite. But today, I finally got the two boxes of fabric out of the family room floor. A gift from a friend. But definitely a stumbling block.

    Then there was the box of onions I kept tripping over. Not to mention the bucket of flour which was still in the middle of the kitchen. The towel one of the kids left laying around. Some days my world is full on stumbling blocks. Things that get in my way and prevent me from moving forward. For the longest time it was the "catch all" kitchen table.... which has been clean for 6 days!

    Relating the scriptures to my mundane personal life helps me.

    I sorted and moved the fabric, it made it easier to vacuum this morning. The onions moved... able to sweep. Bucket of flour... easier to unload the dishwasher. Moving temporal stumbling blocks makes my life easier in the long run.

    Related that to spiritual stumbling blocks. Impatience. Letting the gray skies send me into a tailspin. Not reading my scriptures first thing in the morning. So many more. Then thinking about the opportunities to remove those stumbling blocks through Christ... reading scriptures, having couple prayer, serving others, listening to uplifting music.... planning my day around priorities the Lord would have me accomplish. Some days that is vacuuming and some days it is running out the door to serve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for pointing out verse 1 and the Lord taking away our stumbling blocks. I had not noticed it. I have a huge stumbling block at the moment. My 3 year old is still waking up many times in the night, and it is making my life pretty miserable cause I'm too tired to deal with things the way I should, and get frustrated and impatient very easily. We have prayed many times for the Lord to remove this problem, so I hope he will do it soon. I also love verse 7 that talks about the great and marvelous work of the restoration of the gospel. It is such a blessing in our lives.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments appropriate and in the spirit of education and upliftment.

Popular Posts