Helaman 7

Helaman 7

What love Nephi must have had for the people, to have his heart swollen with sorrow because of their iniquity.  That is one of the qualities of charity, the true love of Christ.  I know that my heart aches when I see my children or my family hurt.  But, I'll be honest, sometimes when I see people I'm not terribly fond of make bad choices, there's not a lot of heart ache in it for me.  Charity is something I pray for on a daily basis, to learn to love others, all others, as He does.


TOMORROW: Helaman 8

Comments

  1. He listed so many "sins" but they all come down to the very basic.... incredible selfishness. We had two lessons yesterday one on the Atonement and one on Obedience. Christ made the most loving and unselfish sacrifice in the Garden of Gesthemane. We have to make unselfish and loving sacrifices in the form of obedience to be able to receive the blessings of the Atonement. The people in Nephi's world were not willing to be humble or obedient. They were caught up in the same types of selfish behaviors we see so rampant in our world today. It's a good reminder to do a self-check of my own attitude, goals and choices.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments appropriate and in the spirit of education and upliftment.

Popular Posts