Helaman 15

Helaman 15

Tough Love.  I know it works with my youngest.  She does well when she understands boundaries and clear and uncomfortable natural consequences that come from crossing them. I don't like to see her upset, but I know that she is learning.  The Lord chastened the Nephites in their iniquity because He loved them.

Patience.  The Lord also prolonged the lives of the Lamanites  so they could receive salvation.

Fear.  This one really hit me hard. In verse 9 it talks about the Lamanites that had been converted.  The did not fear death or pain (they refused to take up the sword again).  The feared sin.  That is a fascinated concept.  I know that the scriptures teach us to abhor sin, but I have never considered fearing sin in those terms. I know that one of the most frightening things to me is the thought of losing the gift of the Holy Ghost- that connection whit God- and all that comes with it.  That would happen from sin- and so many other things.  Do I fear sin, I asked myself this morning? Yes.  Enough to give it up? I am trying my hardest.

What did you get out of this chapter today?



TOMORROW: Sabbath Day Rest

MONDAY: Helaman 16

Comments

  1. Short reply for me...... We all have the ability and the right to make choices. We do not always have control over the consequences of those decisions. This comment counts for yesterday and today..... We have to decide who we want to be... the rest follows once that decision is made. And yes, it really is THAT simple!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments appropriate and in the spirit of education and upliftment.

Popular Posts