Free For All Friday- Mark 9:23-24

Mark 9:23-24

A man brought his son who was sick unto Jesus to be healed.  He already acknowledged Jesus as more than just a man by calling him 'Master' in verse 17.  He had some level of faith and hope in his power proven that by his efforts to bring his son to him.

Jesus said unto him "If thou can't beleive, all things are possible to him that beleiveth."

The father's reaction is so touching and so real and so raw. He cried and said with tears, "Lord I believe; help thou mine unbelief."

He believed, but he still harbored some doubt. BUT- in that moment, he wanted to vanquish all doubt, and knew that it could only be done with the Savior's help.

There are times when I feel like that, when I feel strong and full of faith, and there are times, usually during a difficult struggle, that my prayer is his: "Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief."

I know that the Savior can help me in all things, even my moments of weakness and unbelief.

What would struck you today?

TOMORROW: 3 Nephi 4

Comments

  1. Did the random scripture trick. And this one made me smile.

    D&C 117 vs 7 Therefore, will I not make solitary places to bud and to blossom, and to bring forth in abundance? saith the Lord.

    The crazy corn patch is almost knee high. And while the garden is not enough to survive on, we can nibble on peas, have the occasional salad and enjoy some strawberries on ice cream.

    I watch for blessings. To always pay attention to the Lord's hand in my life, especially in the little things - the day-to-day. I don't worry about big, huge miracles because He blesses me on a multitude of small things all the time. Finding cherries for cheap because our trees didn't produce. Having a friend find canning jars at a yard sale for me. Taking friends to the airport which allowed me to have several one-on-one hours with my daughter.

    I believe if we are looking for the blessings in the little things each day- our life is like that solitary place and blessings are brought forth in abundance.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments appropriate and in the spirit of education and upliftment.

Popular Posts