Helaman 8

Helaman 8


Verses 1-4 show how the guilty take the truth hard.  But, it's refreshing to see the majority of the people opt for righteousness.

Nephi doesn't hold anything back.  He's got his chance, so he's taking it. He reminds them of all that they did know, the teachings of the prophets of old.  Can they be denied?

In verse 12 he basically says, God gave Moses power, don't you think He has the power to give to me to prophesy as well?  That is a truth in our times, too.  We have a modern day prophet. God has the power to have prophets on the earth at all times that He wishes.

I thought 25 was interesting: you either lay up treasures or wrath in heaven. No in between.

I love Nephi and his boldness. I also love the way he teaches them by what they already know and have access to.

What did you think/learn today?

Comments

  1. This is just another example of "I have been telling you..." or "how many times do I have to tell you..."

    The Lord is infinite. He's been warning us through his servants since the beginning. If we don't listen and obey to the best of our ability- and repent to make up the difference - we are not building our treasures in heaven either.

    Today is one of those overwhelmed with life and tired of the garbage days for me. I just imagine how, if the people in my circle of contact all believed in and lived through the power of the gospel, how different life would be. The clerk at the store, the person in line ahead of me, the guy driving down the road, my students in class... all the contacts in my life. There would be such peace and friendliness- I wouldn't have to worry about getting shot at a movie or run off the road because of road rage. No panicking about protecting my identity or avoiding the news or television. Some days I just want to hide in the house because "out there" is just to stressful because people don't remember to just be nice to each other, drop the ego and the pride, reach out and do something nice- be nice.

    But then I am guessing Nephi was having one of those days in this chapter too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments appropriate and in the spirit of education and upliftment.

Popular Posts