3 Nephi 1

3 Nephi 1

What an amazing story. Years ago I performed in a play called "A Day, a Night, and a Day," about this chapter. Much of it was augmented, but the message of faith and commitment in the face of even death was still the same.

It was a wonderful experience for me as a 22 year old young woman to be in this show. I played on of the 'believers.' I really had to consider the decisions they had to make, and the emotion tied to it.

It would have been simple for the believers to deny their faith. All it took were words, and they wouldn't be put to death. Surely God would understand, right? Not for them. They knew what was right, and would not go against it, even if it meant they would die for it.

The very end, for me, was the most amazing part, when the miracle of the sign followed their faith. I cried every show. Not because it was my part, but because of the reality of what they went through two thousand years before. The believers watched the sky in faith, but still feeling some fear. Death is almost never welcomed. Then there was the moment where the sun went down, but it remained light.

The sign did indeed come. And how they rejoiced. He did keep his word, and they were rewarded for their belief. Beautiful.

I love how the Lord brings peace to Nephi. It reminds me that He really does watch over and love each one of us.


PS- found some old pics of me in from behind the scenes of the play.I was a "believer."
Man did I look young!


Comments

  1. Yes the believers sure had an amazing amount of faith, courage, and dedication to the Lord. Its one thing to say you believe in something, but its another thing completely to say you believe in something when your life is on the line. They were true followers of Christ. Attributes for us all to aspire to.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments appropriate and in the spirit of education and upliftment.

Popular Posts