Happiness

Happiness

Rather than reading a talk, I kind of landed in the topic section of LDS.org.  I found the subject of Happiness, and I loved what I read.

Happiness has been on my mind a lot lately- not just eternal happiness, but being happy here, every day.

It seems to me that happiness really isn't wholly dependent on circumstance. Happiness is a choice. Our circumstances can affect how easily that choice is made, but, truly, we can choose to be happy whenever.

Happiness isn't always smiles and giggles also. To me, happiness is a joyful contentment. That comes from having faith and an eternal perspective. We can be happy in our trials because we know that God will consecrate them for our good, if we remain faithful. We can be happy when money is tight, when we are sick, when times are hard- it is a matter of choosing to be so.

I don't think it's all roses and ice cream, but even when I am crying, I can always find one thing to be happy about.


What do you think?

Comments

  1. Sometimes it is a simple choice of wording that trips people up. Is it happiness, joy, peace, contentment, etc.? Is it sadness, guilt, despair, irritation, unease, discouragemnet, grief, etc.? The joy of semantics.

    But then there is the quote "wickedness never was happiness." I think this infers that happiness is more than a frame of mind. There are alot of wicked people out there that think they are doing just fine. They choose to be "happy" in their circumstances- but are they really? Maybe for the moment, but what about for eternity.

    I certainly don't have the answers, but I do know that, for me, sometimes "happiness" takes a little extra work. But even while I am in the middle of not-happy, I can look forward and try to focus on the good things.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments appropriate and in the spirit of education and upliftment.

Popular Posts