Helaman 6

Helaman 6

In verse 1 it talks about two elements of faith: firmness and steadiness.  Interesting to break it up like that. It's not good enough to have strong faith, if it is inconsistent, or consistent faith if it isn't strong.

To become exceedingly righteous, you must have both.

We are also blessed for the easiness and willingness we show in believing in His word.

I also liked the talk of fellowshipping and finding joy in one another. I went on vacation and missed two Sundays of my ward. I went to three wards in California- and though they were good people, I missed the fellowshipping and joy I feel when I attend my meetings with people that I have come to love. I'm looking forward to this Sunday.

Oh- and Satan the Gaddianton robbers suck. Not eloquent, but bottom line. 

Comments

  1. The thing that struck me was in the last chapter- the unrighteous were in greater numbers than the righteous... now it has flopped. But as I kept reading- it seems like the people's ability to stay on God's side was too hard for them. It doesn't take long for evil to take right back over. This back and forth between the unrighteous and righteous numbers - only 2-3 years. I am sure it was little things, just like it is for us today. Just a reminder to always be on guard I guess.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments appropriate and in the spirit of education and upliftment.

Popular Posts