Helaman 7

Helaman 7

The one question in here that caught my attention was this: Why will ye die?

I can just hear the emotion and sadness in Nephi's voice. It didn't make sense to him. The Nephites had the gospel, they had the light, the blessings; and yet the turned away from all the good they had.  Why would they do that? Pride, of course. Pride gave the adversary power over them.

It pained Nephi's soul, just has it pained Nephi of old, who wet his pillow by night with the tears he shed for his people.

I sometimes look at people at my heart just goes out to them.  I want to shake them and say, Stop hurting yourself!

But, alas, people have their agency to make their own choices. But it can be so hard to watch.


Comments

  1. This really a heart-wrenching chapter. The pain that Nephi has over the wickedness and "lost-ness" is very palpable. I don't have the heart of prophet, so my grief over the wickedness of people is no where near his, but I do understand it.

    Like you, sometimes I want to shake people too. The more I grow in the gospel, the more I recognize the power behind it in my life. It's very sad to see the comfort, peace, happiness, joy, strength and power missing in their lives because they have their faces turned to other things instead of turned to God.

    And all I can do is try to be the best example I can and speak up when the moment arises.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments appropriate and in the spirit of education and upliftment.

Popular Posts