3 Nephi 2

3 Nephi 2

It's amazing how quickly they could forget the signs they just witnessed.  The more they forgot, the less they were impressed by the signs, eventually talking themselves out of any faith they had in Christ. It seems almost unfathomable to us. That would never happen to us, but it could. My husband says we are all only two weeks away from inactivity.

It is easier to stray than to stay. But there is no eternal joy in straying.

I've seen many people in my life that have left the church. Some have stayed away, hardening their hearts to the doctrine and forgetting, and eventually denying, the spiritual experiences they have had.  I've also seen others come back to the church after periods of inactivity. Their testimonies are strong, as is their gratitude. They are really able to see the difference of a life in the darkness, and one in the light of the gospel.

As for me, I'll take their word for it. I don't ever want to forget the signs God has given me in my life. My faith will never dim.

What did you think/learn today?


Comments

  1. I had to wonder to myself, where was Nephi?? Perhaps because the people were so wicked, the Lord sent him away to protect him from harm.
    It was nice to see the Nephites and Lamanites working together for a change.

    Verse 1 and 2 stuck out the most for me though, and are very applicable to our time too. We forget the signs and wonders which we have heard and start disbelieving and imagining that they are wrought by men and by the power of the devil, leading them away to believe the doctrine of Christ was a foolish thing. That happens to many people today. We start doubting. How can we overcome doubt? Develop more faith. How do we develop more faith? Study the scriptures daily, pray daily, attend church every week. Keeping a journal of spiritual experiences and thoughts is a great way to help with those doubting moments too. Attend the Temple, read the words of the Prophets in the Ensigns. The spirit will strengthen you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments appropriate and in the spirit of education and upliftment.

Popular Posts