3 Nephi 5

3 Nephi 5

As you can see from the chapter heading, this chapter is basically split into three sections: past, present and future.

The past: Mormon write of the Nephites 400 years before him.

The present: Mormon introduces himself to us and explains why he is abridging the plated.

The future: He foretells the gathering of Israel.

There are also two lessons taught in this chapter:

Faith and testimony drive us to live righteously and avoid sin.

God is a God of order. When he allows his prophets to prophecy something, He makes it happen.


I love how Mormon introduces himself: Hi, I'm Mormon. I'm a disciple of Jesus Christ.

How cool is that? I wonder if we all introduced ourselves that way how differently we would act in our everyday lives?  Food for thought.

So, what are your thoughts today?





Comments

  1. Wouldn't it be amazing if there was not a living soul living who did not doubt Christ? And what if they served God with diligence all day and night? If they were to forsake their sins? Unfortunately, there are too many who breath out threatenings against others.

    Not only is God the same today, yesterday and tomorrow... so are people. And the gulf between the followers and the non-believers is getting wider and wider. Makes my heart sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The verse that I liked the most in this chapter was verse 20 where Mormon says that he has reason to bless God and the Saviour for giving his people so much knowledge unto the salvation of their souls. I feel the same. I also have reason to bless God and the Saviour for giving my ancestors the knowledge of the gospel, so that I can work on my salvation and hopefully return home to them one day. It is the greatest blessing that you can possess and we should never take if for granted.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments appropriate and in the spirit of education and upliftment.

Popular Posts