Helaman 10

Helaman 10

The things that please the Lord:


  • When we are unwearied in doing what He asks
  • When we do not fear man
  • When we seek His will
  • When we are obedient.

When we do these things, the Lord will bless us in His own way.


Nephi had gotten to the point in his life, in his character, where his choices were completely congruent with God's will. Because of that, and his unweariness in his work and obedience, God gave him the ultimate blessing: to have complete access to use God's power at will. 

I can't even imagine. What an amazing man he was.

I wish I knew more about what it means to be conveyed away and travel by the Spirit. Does this mean that Nephi was physically changed during that revelation from the Lord?

What are your thoughts?



Comments

  1. "hast not sought thy own life, but hast sought my will, and to keep my commandments."

    To me this sums it all up.... Nephi was the example of who and what we should all be.

    If we seek the Lord's will in all things, forget our own will - often a selfish will- everything will fall into place.

    I wouldn't want the power that Nephi was given for his obedience, but I would certainly like to be worthy of it. Nephi must have been a supremely patient man, because I am sure I'd lose my temper and just blow things up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "...I'm sure I'd lose my tempter and just blow things up." Now, that is my favorite thing, I think, you've ever written! LOL!

      And the best part is, I totally can see you doing that!!! Love you, Ang!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments appropriate and in the spirit of education and upliftment.

Popular Posts