Suit Yourself Saturday

Isaiah 6:8

"And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I: send me."

This is how Isaiah was called as a prophet. It was a precarious time.  Judah and Jerusalem were split.  There were wars and contentions, and yet, Isaiah's response to preaching and prophesying to the was simple, "Here am I: send me."

I try to take that approach in my life when I know that Lord has asked me to do something.  Whether it is a calling from the bishop or "unofficial" callings such as motherhood, friendship, missionary work and visiting teaching.

I have heard of people saying no when a calling is extended, or refusing to visit teach with certain sisters, or opt not to open their mouths and testify when they feel prompted or whatever.  I do not judge- I suppose they have their reasons.  But, for me, I know who I want to be and how I want to respond, "Here am I: send me."

We are rarely asked to do what is convenient or easy. I know right now I am going through some things that are not easy, and that I would prefer not to, but I know that it is something He has asked me to do, so I am trying my hardest to do it.

I picture Father up in heaven looking down at us, and He's got something that needs to be done.  I want to be one of His children that He can count on. I want Him to be able to say, "Let's ask Michelle to do it. I know she will."

Do you have something to share today?

TOMORROW: Sabbath Day Rest

MONDAY: 3 Nephi 20

Comments

  1. My random pick for the day is D&C 49.

    It's a great gospel overview chapter because of the things that were to be corrected in the belief system of the Shakers.

    No one knows when Christ will come back to the earth. So be ready, it could be anytime.

    The basic principles of the gospel, faith, repentance, baptism and gift of the Holy Ghost.

    Marriage is ordained of God.

    Some people have interpreted the Word of Wisdom and said meat is not allowed, but it says in this chapter... BBQ is ok!

    People work all the time for more-more-more than their neighbor, but the Lord sees that as sinful.

    The earth is going to rock and roll, tremble and reel to and fro, valleys lifted and mountains turned upside down all before the angel sounds his trumpet and Christ comes again.

    Live the commandments. Repent. Ask and ye shall receive; knock and it shall be opened unto you.

    And I like this verse....
    27 Behold, I will go before you and be your rearward; and I will be in your midst, and you shall not be confounded.

    If we are living the gospel to the best of our ability. God will not only be our leader.... but He's got our backs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this one- especially the bbq part!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also desire to be one who will respond with I will go and do! I want to be one that Heavenly Father can count on. Many of our tests are just that; are we willing to do the hard things. I would like to be the one that doesn't complain; but find joy in the moments.
    Thanks, for your thoughts on this one!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments appropriate and in the spirit of education and upliftment.

Popular Posts