3 Nephi 9

3 Nephi 9

Sorry this one is a little late :)

This chapter is special because it's a personal invitation from the Lord to the people.  In verse 13 He asks: Will ye not now return unto me, and repent of your sins, and be converted, that I may heal you?

He wants us to come to Him.  He wants us to repent so He can heal us.

But, it's our choice.  In verse 14 He says: Yea, verily I say unto you, if ye will come unto me ye shall have eternal life..."

He can motivate, destroy, build up, heal, help, hinder and anything else He desires that goes with His plan- but He cannot take away our agency.

Jesus Christ is very clear in his message:...Behold, for such I have laid down my life, and have taken it up again; therefore, repent, and come unto me ye ends of the earth, and be save.

The invitation is open to us today as well.  The Atonement has already been performed.  All we have to do is choose to accept it, offer him a broken heart and contrite spirit,  and follow the commandments.

And yet, so many are simply unwilling- and the unwilling are unhappy and unsaved.

I want to be among the willing, among those that come unto Him and are truly converted. He is inviting me, and I want to accept.

What did you get out of the chapter today?




TOMORROW: Sabbath Day Rest

MONDAY: 3 Nephi 10

Comments

  1. Can you imagine hearing a voice from heaven saying all that? People these days would fall over in a dead faint. But it would be amazing!

    V11 says the righteous were driven out of those destroyed cities and it was because of this they were flattened. They were so wicked they couldn't even stand having a good person around them. I can't even imagine!

    The Lord put an end to blood sacrifice. He wants us to have a broken heart and contrite spirit. To me, a broken heart is not a sad heart, it is a joyful, humble, servant's heart. Contrite spirit.... you cannot have a contrite spirit if you are prideful, vengeful, unkind or negative.

    I love the last verse - translated into my words.... Be as a small child in spirit. Be humble. Be sweet. Have faith. Be kind. Be honest and loving. Be willing and forgiving. Joyfully serve. I will receive you because these are the kind of people I want to hang out with in my kingdom. I put my life on the line for you. Put aside the the things of this world. Don't get caught up in the drama. Stop doing what you know you shouldn't and start doing what you know you should. In the end, I want you here with Me.

    Hanging out with Christ in the eternities.... That is being saved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Living Waters by LeAnnAugust 6, 2011 at 4:53 PM

    I too want to follow my Savior Jesus Christ and accept his atonement in my life and repent and obey his commandments. I truly want to do the very best I can do so I can be with him again. I want Eternal Life and Exaultation with my dearest companion and eternal partner.
    Thanks for your thought on Nephi 9.
    Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments appropriate and in the spirit of education and upliftment.

Popular Posts