3 Nephi 10

3 Nephi 10

Again a chance to hear the voice of Jesus Christ.  I can't even imagine what that must have been like. The destruction and the loss, the hope and the joy- all in a three day period.

I enjoyed the words of Mormon.  I love when he writes to me.  I know that he was shown our day in a vision, so I know that what he writes really is for me and to me.  I also love how the people in the scriptures loved their own scriptures and read them.  They studied their scriptures and referred to them often.  Mormon is telling us the search the scriptures so we can know for ourselves that the prophecies recorded in them have come to pass.

If the people would turned to their scriptures back then they would have recognized the signs of the times. The same is true for us today.  We should be in our scriptures, studying the prophecies of our time, so that we may be prepared.

Their righteousness is about to be rewarded in the most miraculous of ways.  I am excited about the next group of chapters!

What did you get out of today's chapter?


TOMORROW: 3 Nephi 11

Comments

  1. I was touched by the sadness in the Lord's words to the people. It was like those parenting moments when we have warned the kids, told them the consequences, warned them, and finally, we have to follow through on the threat, even though we weren't really wanting to do it.

    There have been times when I have had to "set-up" one of my smaller children to teach a point. The Lord had much bigger consequences than I could ever employ, but the theory is the same.

    When people are righteous and following the gospel plan, they are happier, healthier and nicer to each other. It's like bickering children or when they don't share or take other's things. The "If-Then" principle applies to our interactions with others as well as our interactions with the Lord. If you do this.... Then this will happen.

    The Lord had been very clear on His expectations. He set the rules and the consequences and then He followed through.

    He has been very clear on the laws of nature, the rules of behavior and consequences we are going to face in our day. Some because of the wickeness of men and some because the earth is getting a bit cranky in the last days. Some things because of prophesy to help us continually remember who is in charge.

    I would prefer to be in the group of "more righteous" and be protected from the earthquakes, storms and even the overwhelmig darkness that came over the wicked. It's something I need to work on daily and sometimes by the minute.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments appropriate and in the spirit of education and upliftment.

Popular Posts