3 Nephi 16

3 Nephi 16

I was right! (from my post yesterday) Yay!  When we follow and believe in the Savior and His teachings were are given greater knowledge.


I often wonder who the people are in verses 1-3.  Can you imagine going through life having no knowledge of a Savior, then having the resurrected Lord appear to you? I look forward to reading their scriptures.  I can only imagine that they were commanded to record His visit, as the Nephites were (vs. 4)

I wonder how many scriptures there are that we do not have access to.  What are the stories?  I remember hearing once that we will receive more when we appreciate the ones we have now.  I can see the logic in that.  I have read the scriptures my entire life, but now, as I make this concerted effort to read and study and journal about it daily, I feel I am immersed in them.  They are coming alive to me, the stories are flowing and I feel so much a part of them.  I am eager to fill in the blanks that are left, to learn of the people mentioned with little detail, to read more stories of courage and faith.

And, of course, I love the prophecy (although, I don't think the Savior prophecies- he teaches and tells) of the latter days.  To know I am a part of what He was trying to teach them is so awesome.  I want to be in the crows that is singing together in joy.

There will be many who won't be singing.  They will be doubting, questioning, not following. They will be sinning and pointed in the wrong direction.  It is so easy to do.  Look beyond the mark, deny the Savior is coming, refuse to follow Him because we can't see the whole vision now.  I see it all the time.

But, it is a reality: The Savior will come again.  Whether I am here or not, no one knows, but I want to be prepared.

What did you get out of today's chapter?


TOMORROW: 3 Nephi 17

Comments

  1. This chapter has been a long time favorite of mine.

    Thought provoking that the Savior sent the people Home to ponder. Our homes are sacred places or they should be. I am motivated to improve mine so that it would be a place to ponder sacred things sucessfully.

    Then, comes the healing, and the blessing of the children.

    Even hundreds to years later visualizing the scene brings tears and a profound desire to be worthy to see my Savior again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's another opportunity to recognize the Lord's hand in our daily lives. To try harder. To recognize the spirit. There are so many around us who have no idea of what it feels like to have teh spirit as a companion, they seem to feel so hopeless at times. Unfortunately, some don't want to have the spirit as a companion. I guess, until you have it, maybe you don't know what you are missing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments appropriate and in the spirit of education and upliftment.

Popular Posts