3 Nephi 20


3 Nephi 20

I think it's interesting how the Savior administers the Sacrament again among the Nephites. I assume he wanted to make sure the really understood how and why. Sometimes my kids ask why we seem to be taught the same things over and over at church. Its probably the same reason, to make sure we know how and why.

I also love prophesying. I love the fact that He has never left us in a state of total darkness, without a prophecy to look forward to. Eve in the apostasy when the church wasn't on the earth there were still scriptures that contained prophecy. I love knowing that I am part of a prophecy given thousands of years before. I feel tied to prophets like Isaiah, Moses, Nephi and others who saw me in my life time and wrote about it. When I read about them seeing me it's almost like a two-way mirror I am looking through. It makes the scriptures real to me.

What did you think today?





TOMORROW: 3 Nephi 21

Comments

  1. In verse 1 the Savior commanded the people that they should not cease to pray in their hearts.

    I really love that! If I am praying in my heart, I find I do not have space in my mind for things that shouldn't be there anyway.

    Perhaps praying in my heart, will help me understand the the prophecies that are difficult to understand and with the help and guidance of the Holy Ghost I can apply them in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some days, and this is one of them, it is in the obedience of reading the scriptures more than the great spiritual thoughts that come from it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments appropriate and in the spirit of education and upliftment.

Popular Posts