Free For All Friday- Moses 1:10

Moses 1:10

This whole chapter is amazing, so if you have time, go ahead and read it. But the verse that I love is verse 10:

"...Now, for this cause I know that man is nothing, which thing I never had supposed."

One of my favorite movies is Yentl (though I am really not a Barbra Streisand fan.) In it she sings these words: They more I live, the more I learn. The more I learn the more I realize the less I know.

I used to think I knew a lot. I used to feel safe in that assumption.  But, the more I have learned about life, but especially about the gospel, I have come to understand that there is SOOOOO much I don't know, and will never know in this life. And I am okay with that.

It is an exciting notion to me that there is so much more to the Plan of Salvation that I can even imagine, that there is so much more power in the Atonement that I will be able to apply in my life as I gain that ability.  It is amazing to realize how big everything really is.

In turn, I am coming to understand how small I really am. Nothing really, in compared to the size and scope of eternities and gospels. BUT- the beauty of the gospel is that even though I am nothing in comparison, I have come to understand that my soul is significant. So significant that the worth of it brought my eldest brother to earth to save me.

We are not meant to feel like dirt.  We are meant to understand our place and size in the scope of things, and acknowledge our inability to thrive without outside intervention.  We are meant to understand that our souls and are of infinite worth, as small as we are, and there has been One who has intervened for us.

I know that I am nothing, small but significant. I know that I need my Savior to be saved.

Alone I am nothing. With my Savior I am everything.


TOMORROW: 3 Nephi 14

Comments

  1. John 14:27
    27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

    It's hard to find peace when the world is swirling around you. My son always says... be the eye of the storm! Of course, he makes me laugh when he says it. But with the Lord's help, we can actually achieve it.

    That's my thought for the day. Mainly because I am trying so hard to climb out of the whirl and get back to the eye (center).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments appropriate and in the spirit of education and upliftment.

Popular Posts