3 Nephi 21

I've got spotty reception so I thought I'd try to make a post from my phone this morning.

But I can't do the links, sorry.

As I read This chapter this morning, of course I loved the prophecy of the latter days, but something else really struck me. It was the very last word of the chapter: ""rearward " I have always read it as "reward " but rearward is totally different.

A rearward is the last guard in an army. He is the one that's "got your back" so to speak. Not only is the Saviour preparing and leading the day, but he's got our backs, too. We are cared for on all sides. I love it!


TOMORROW: (hopefully) 3 Nephi 22

Comments

  1. When I read this chapter, I related to it in a parental way.... I am going to count to 3. If you don't straighten up then..... I am giving you one more chance..... you'd better listen or else..... I am going to stop this car.....

    Heavenly Father is our Parent. He is telling his children to knock it off and fly right or else.

    When we lay down a law with our children, we have to follow through. Our Heavenly Father has clearly layed down the law and is certainly going to follow through. Our children suffer the consequences for bad behavior... so will we earthly "children" have serious consequences.

    The Lord will gather up the "good" ones to protect and keep them from the negativity of the "bad" ones, just as we would gather our children close when going through a place we felt uncomfortable.

    From a earthly parent - my kids it may have missed out on ice cream, a family activity or dinner. From a heavenly perspective... it's missing out on eternity with our Heavenly Father. That's incentive enough for me to try and tow the line.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments appropriate and in the spirit of education and upliftment.

Popular Posts