Mosiah 8

Mosiah 8

This chapter, to me, was about gifts that only God can give us- whether it be the gift of being a seer, or the gift of a knowledge of the mysteries of God.

I especially love this verse:  O how marvelous are the works of the Lord, and how long doth he suffer with his people; yea, and how ablind and impenetrable are the understandings of the children of men; for they will not seek wisdom, neither do they desire that she should rule over them!

There is a wisdom that only comes from the Lord.  When we follow Him, ask for it, and qualify ourselves for it, it can change our perspective, our testimonies, even ourselves.  Yet, there are many who don't seek higher wisdom.  They live their lives blinded to the real reason they are even here.

I, for one, am grateful for what little knowledge I have, and am eager to to continue to learn more every day.

What did you think/learn today?

Comments

  1. I just have a question.

    In verse 20 it says.... "for they will not seek wisdom, neither do they desire that *she* should rule over them!"

    Who is *she*?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could be wrong about this, but I don't think "she" means a woman. I think it is just the phrase that was used to represent another word for "wisdom."

    ReplyDelete
  3. From this chapter I am feeling thankful for our prophets, seers and revelators that we have today and the marvelous work that they do. Also thankful for the many past prophets. They are all an inspiration and a blessing from God. My children love to sing the primary song "Follow the Prophet." I liked verse 18 - "Thus God has provided a means that man, through faith, might work mighty miracles...."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Jo. "She" refers to wisdom. Wisdom rules over them because once one is equipped with eternal wisdom and knowledge, that wisdom and knowledge has a great effect on their actions. If the testimony is sure, wisdom will rule over their actions. Just like a few chapters ago when the people felt the Spirit and their testimonies were so strong that they had no desire to do evil. Their new-found or renewed knowledge and devotion ruled over them, and brought them to the depths of humility and into a covenant with the Lord.

    At least, that's what I think...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments appropriate and in the spirit of education and upliftment.

Popular Posts