Mosiah 22

Mosiah 22

Happy Lead Day!

Gideon is one of my favorite heroes of the Book of Mormon.  He had such courage (to fight King Noah) and yet such humility. He's one that I look forward to meeting someday.

I think sometimes in life we make things more difficult than they really need to be.  We fight, we disobey, we struggle.  We get in the way of ourselves.  I think about the history of this group of people: the multiple wars with the Lamanites and such.  For years they fought and lost loved ones- all in an attempt to keep safe and escaped the Lamanites.

And all it took was some wine, and in one night they were free. One humble man with an idea- and they were free. So simple.

I wonder how many times the Lord has given me solutions or directions by inspiration and I ignored it or didn't recognize it because it seemed so simple.  Too simple.

Makes me think.


What did you think/learn today?


Comments

  1. To take your thoughts further.... sometimes things are simple, but not easy.

    The people still had to be prepared to make the move. Gathering everything they needed, being ready when the appointed time came, and hustling to get out of town! Kids, medications,food, cooking utensils, sheep, elderly, records, etc.

    Those parts of the "simple" are not easy. I think people give up because, tho the answer is simple, the time,effort, and preparation is hard sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments appropriate and in the spirit of education and upliftment.

Popular Posts