Mosiah 7

Mosiah 7

One of the greatest lessons taught in this chapter is the one of understanding and not being offended.  King Limhi caused that Ammon was bound and imprisoned. After two days of this, he was finally brought before King Limhi.

Ammon could have been mad.  He could have fought back, been upset.  But, he gave King Limhi the benefit of the doubt.  He said, I'm sure if you knew me and why I'm here, if you really understood, you wouldn't have thrown me in jail.

Ammon knew it was a big misunderstanding, and he harbored not ill feelings.

I have seen people upset for so much less.  A misunderstanding, a misheard comment, a quick judgement. It almost seems like people are waiting to be offended, to give them a reason to be upset, hurt- or even to leave.

What a great example of humility, patience, love and understanding.


Lots more to this chapter, but that's what struck me today.  How about you?


Comments

  1. I love the promise of the last verse. If we turn our hearts to the Lord and trust him, serving with all dilligence of mind... we can be delivered from our bondages. What ever they may be.

    It's an if-then promise. We hold up our end. He will hold up his.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just stopped by, I will have to visit again. This is a wonderful idea to share this insight with each other. Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also loved the last verse, especially the following capital words - "But if ye will turn to the Lord with FULL purpose of heart, and put your trust in him, and serve him with ALL diligence........"
    Not just half pie turning to him and serving. FULL and ALL!
    Then Blessings will come.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments appropriate and in the spirit of education and upliftment.

Popular Posts