Mosiah 14

Mosiah 14

These verses are some my and my husband's favorite in the scriptures.  The way Isaiah describes the Savior is beautiful and eloquent: Surely he has borne our grief and carried our sorrows.....he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

The last line brings home that fact that the suffering of the atonement is not only for me, but because of me and my decisions and mistakes. We gave have all gone astray, everyone to his own way.  Me to mine.  I hope that my way will not cause great suffering for Him.  I hope that my way will not cause great suffering for me either :)

I am amazed that Abinidi had the wherewithal to not only preach and prophecy in the face of impending torture and death, but to quote Isaiah word for word!  Amazing and crazy!


What did you think/learn today?


Comments

  1. Not having much luck participating from my mobile phone in the school parking lot!!

    It's been interesting to "listen" to the scriptures instead of being able to "read" them each morning.

    I like reading better, for sure. However, it's somehow more believable at times when someone is telling you how much your Savior loves you and what he has done for you than it is in my own brain. Sinks a deeper into the soul at times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked verse 6 - "All we, like sheep, have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquities of us all." That is so true! Most everybody just does whatever they want to do these days. They have turned away from our wonderful shepherd, who cares for us and wants to bring us home. And they have gone into the places where the dangerous wolves roam, waiting to devour them. Life is much better when you stay with the shepherd.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, that Number8wireNZ post was from me (Jo). My husband hadn't logged out of his goggle account and I didn't realise.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments appropriate and in the spirit of education and upliftment.

Popular Posts