Mosiah 10

Mosiah 10

There's a lot I glean from this chapter about fighting my personal battle with Satan.

1. I need to fortify myself, always keeping guard.  Even in times of peace. (vs. 2)
2. I need to always be engaged in a good cause. (vv 4-5)
3. I should understand and be aware of the Adversaries tactics (vs 7)
4. Fight with the strength of the Lord (10)
5. Trust the Lord (vs 19)

Another thing that hit me was this: The root of the Lamanite's hatred was the fact that they were offended- even if it was not the truth.

I have seen the damage that people bring upon themselves by allowing themselves to be offended.  In fact, some people are actually eager to be offended, always looking at others, judging them and being hurt or angry when someone doesn't say or do the "right" thing.

Contrast this with Ammon, a few chapters ago in chapter 7, who was imprisoned by Limhi, but chose not to be upset or offended. Rather, he gave him the benefit of the doubt, and said, "I know that if you knew me and why I'm here, you wouldn't have imprisoned me."  He didn't allow a mega misunderstanding harden his heart.

What did you think/learn today?




Comments

  1. I was also struck by the Lamanites being offended over things that were so old. It's actually alot easier to let things go than to work so hard to stay upset.
    The other thing was that the Lamanites did not know God at all. I cannot imagine my life without the Lord in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me neither.

    By the way- I changed my comment forum, so the comments you make from your phone show up now :) Hopefully that will help you stick with us, even if it is from your phone :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. After reading verse 17 about all the awful things the Lamanites were taught to do to the Nephites, I started thinking about how the Nephites can be compared to the early saints after the church was restored. Satan was sure working hard at persecuting the righteous then too. The good thing is that faith in the Lord caused the righteous to keep being obedient, despite their trials. That is what we need to try and do too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so true. Trials have a way of separating the wheat from the tares- the refiner fire of adversity and faith. Good insight, Jo. I'm really enjoy your thoughts. Thanks for always sharing them :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments appropriate and in the spirit of education and upliftment.

Popular Posts