Mosiah 20

First off- SHOUT OUT to Marcus Dickson from my ward for beating the fastest teen in the country in a 1 mile race!!! We were off our chairs screaming! Go Marcus!!!

Mosiah 20

I have written next to verse one in red ink "Lamanite Relief Society Enrichment Activity."  Lol. 

I am impressed with King Limhi.  He had the foresight to prepare for the Lamanites. He had the courage to fight them when the came.  He also had the patience and wisdom to deal with the Lamanite king appropriately, avoiding, I am sure, more bloodshed.

He could have been ticked off and vengeful- but he wasn't.

I think at times we don't prepare, we avoid confrontation and rush to judge and dole out revenge.  Now, I'm sure we are not all like that all the time, but I've seen shades of it in myself and people around us.

The good news is that I've seen more shades of King Limhi :)

What did you think/learn today?

Comments

  1. Not a major insight, just a thought. We, as women, need to be able to take care of ourselves. There are many references to the poor, starving widows in the scriptures. Just thinking out loud.... What are we imparting to our daughters to help them have the skills of self sufficiency? Not in a prideful, feministic way, but a more well rounded, positive way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um....Michelle I think this chapter heading is supposed to be 20, not 21? Cause the last one was 19. Am I right? It sounds like you are commenting on 20 on this page. :D

    I think chapter 20 shows an example of how we are so quick to judge or assume, when we really need to hear the facts and get our story straight before we go blaming someone for something we think they did. We need to seek the truth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ang- nice comments :)

    Jo- I fixed the date. My bad. That's what I get for rushing :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments appropriate and in the spirit of education and upliftment.

Popular Posts