Mosiah 19

Mosiah 19

Two words come to mind as I read this chapter: Courage and Cowardice.

I don't know if there is another chapter which portrays such clear and drastic picture of the two.

Courage: Gideon, Limhi, the men who stayed with their families- and especially the young women that, in the face of danger and possible death, stood before the Lamanites and saved their families.

Cowardice: King Noah, the men who left their families, and the high priests.

As I read this morning I wondered about the reactions of the women and children of the husbands that had abandoned them and fled with King Noah.  Did they take them back happily? Or were they ticked off? Did they work things out? Or did the Nephite divorce rate spike?  I'd like to be a fly on the wall for those reunions. That is the ultimate test of forgiveness!

Like Angie said in her comments the other day, I'd like to think that I have that much faith and courage and strength to stand up in a situation like that- but I hope I never have to, lol

What did you think/learn today?

Comments

  1. Reminds me of the men who left their families during the Great Depression.

    This makes me wonder if I would be able to forgive. I hope that I would have enough faith and courage to forgive.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments appropriate and in the spirit of education and upliftment.

Popular Posts