Jacob 5:50-77

This is the part of the Allegory where we come in.

Verses 50-77 cover the Gathering of Israel and the Millennium.

The Lord sees that the season is almost over.  There is time for one last effort to save the tree.  So, He tells His servant to call other servants to work in the vineyard to save it.

We are those servants.

It was amazing to me as I read this that I am in here.

Elder Dean L. Larson said, "You have come to the earth when the foundation has been laid for this great work. The gospel has been restored for the last time. The Church has been established in almost every part of the world. The stage is set for the final dramatic scenes to be enacted. YOU will be the principle players. You are among the last laborers in the vineyard. This is the yoke that is set upon your necks.  This is the service for which you chosen."

Powerful words.

Today, as I read I felt the excitement of these momentous times and the realness of my calling as  a servant in the vineyard.

This is the last time before the season is over to help save the tree.  I have a part to play, and He has called me to do it. I feel motivated and inspired.

I am also in awe of how much I have missed out  by not studying this chapter before. I wonder how much else there is in the scriptures that I am missing out on.

I know, for me, reading Jacob 5 has inspired and motivated me to read and study the scriptures even more, searching for the nuggets of truth and goodness that I have missed.

What did you think/learn today?

Comments

Popular Posts