Mosiah 1

Mosiah 1


First of all, I'm glad I'm not the only one to feel like parenting sucks the life out of me.  "And it came to pass that after king Benjamin had made an end of teaching his sons, that he waxed aold, and he saw that he must very soon go the way of all the earth;"

LOL

Seriously, though, I was moved by how much King Benjamin loved the scriptures, and how important he felt they were.  The same promises are extended to us today.

I also thought it was interesting how he wanted to give the people a name.  I remember being on my mission, and wearing the Savior's name on my chest.  It affected everything I did.  I knew who I was representing.  I had a name.   Though I no longer have a name tag, I still have a name- I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  I am a Saint- a disciple.  That means something to me.

What did you think/learn today?

Comments

  1. I highlighted verse 7 - also noticing how the same things apply to us, as did to them. If we search the scriptures, we will also profit spiritually. And we are also told to read them by our prophets and leaders, just like King Benjamin did. We are also promised that we will prosper when we obey the commandments. Doesn't mean that we won't have trials, as that is part of our growth period, but we will still prosper.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments appropriate and in the spirit of education and upliftment.

Popular Posts